Sunday, October 28, 2012

Hurricanes, Fires, and Alcohol...oh my

I've been working for 13 days and have already had once suicidal resident, an actual fire, vandalism with human feces, lots of alcohol violations, fights, two students removed from campus, two on contracts, 8-10 room changes, 3 students sent to the hospital, a title 9 investigation, and now a hurricane.  Not what I expected in my first two weeks.

Talk about trial by fire.

I'm not unhappy...just slightly overwhelmed.  Missing my friends.  Missing that sense of home.  Missing the freaking internet (currently in the office) and cable.  Missing my church.  Missing wearing jeans and flip-flops (These people have a prejudice against denim.  Not cool.  I can't even wear a nice denim skirt.).

This morning when I woke up I had no idea where I was.  I seriously couldn't remember where I lived and where I was sleeping.  Maybe because my dream was about me moving?  In the dream I had moved into a house on a base and one morning about a month after I moved in a family came into my house (22 people, I remember that clearly, grandma, cousins, everyone) and were fighting with me about how they had been promised this house.  I couldn't get them to go away.  I called security, the housing office, showed them paper work.  They didn't care.  I was about to jump out my window when I woke up (in the dream, not real life.  That would be scary).  It was very strange.  But then again, if you know me at all, you know I always have strange dreams.

Well, I'm gonna head out of the office towards my house.  My kitties miss me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment